This tour runs every day between 9am-2pm and begins at Prestige Plaza along Ngong Road, outside the entrance of Naivas Supermarket. The tour visits:
• a Kibera resident home
• a local orphanage
• the Power Women group: a group of craftswomen living positively with HIV/AIDS
• Victoria Bones Craft makers: a youth group processing and crafting jewelry from animal bones
We also tour Dona place of Children, a Play Group school, and a Day Care that EKT helped build. Before we return to Prestige Plaza, we end our tour at Toi Market, one of the biggest open-air markets in Nairobi.
What to expect
- Gain another perspective of Nairobi on this Kibera walking tour
- Learn about the history and future of Africa’s largest informal settlement
- Benefit from the insider knowledge of your tour guide
- Hear first-hand insights from members of the local community
What’s not included
- Food and drinks
- Returns to the original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Prestige Plaza, Outside Naivas Supermarket Entrance
Home visit, Local Orphanage, Power Women Group, Victorious Bones Crafts, Dona Place for Children, Toi Market Back to starting point
Duration: 2.5-3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Wear closed flat shoes.
- Avoid wearing expensive items like gold Jewelries, expensive watches,
- Avoid carrying big cameras unless it is a customized tour.
- Taking photos is kept to the minimum and always controlled by the tour guide. use mobile phone cameras or small cameras that can be kept in the pocket.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.